Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Live your values.”
Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- Genuinely caring for people.
- Having a direct candid approach.
What is your biggest weakness?
- Being better about communicating clearly, which include listening more closely.
What is one piece of advice you have for leading others?
- Lead by example.
Whats one question you ask or thing you look for during an interview?
- Why do you want to work for this specific location?
Whats a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- Finding a way to maintain the bottom line with all of the regulatory changes that are about to happen.
Whats one thing (besides food) your restaurant does well and separates you from other restaurants?
- Atmosphere. Less about the physical atmosphere and more about the atmosphere your people create.
Whats one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
Whats one piece of technology you’ve adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations?
- Hotschedules- delivers solutions for employee scheduling software, talent sourcing, eLearning, back office, shift and task management and platform as a service
- Opentable- OpenTable increases your profits by helping you seat more diners, take more reservations, and turn casual customers into regulars. We reach guests when they’re deciding where to dine. And we enable prompt and attentive service so they come back.
With all the knowledge you have now, if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
- Get agreements in writing.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Kathy Chaffee Groff for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!