Chef Ned Elliott grew up gardening in a home where food played an integral role in daily life. Eager to further his career outside of his schooling at the Culinary Institute of America at Hyde Park, Ned left the CIA to begin staging at various restaurants in New York City. With his craft fine-tuned and reputation built, Ned serves as the Chef/Proprietor of Foreign and Domestic in Austin, TX. Foreign and Domestic has been featured in Zagat, Eater, Food and Wine Magazine, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive. Most recently, The Austin Chronicle listed Foreign and Domestic as one of Austin’s top 100 restaurants. Additionally Chef Ned Elliot is the founder of Indie Chef Week, which we’re all about to learn more about. Now hit play and discover how Chef Elliott became… UNSTOPPABLE!
Success or Leadership Quote/Mantra
- Its your job and duty to make people happy.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Chef Ned is:
- Self effacing.
- Paranoid of losing freshness.
- focuses on, “Doing what he does.”
Industry Challenge or Failure
- While serving as Executive Chef during the opening of a new restaurant Chef Elliot lost semblance of balance between work and life. Ultimately, he got overworked. Before long, Chef Elliot found himself in a bad state of mind.
- Get your point of view and passion across to your investors.
- Find good, honest, hard working people. Don’t look for skill.
- Once you find good, honest,hard working people:
- Invest in them,
- Play to their strengths, and
- Allow them to express their creativity
CLICK HERE to get a FREE audio version of this Book
Advice on Marketing
- Brand yourself and your restaurant as one.
- Chef Ned Elliot IS Foreign and Domestic.
Objective Product/Service Review Suggestion
- BreadCrumb POS– Over 200 features—including customizable menus, full modifiers, flexible kitchen printing, labor tracking, and real-time reporting.
Best Business Advice
- Embrace the mundane.