Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing”
“Good artist borrow, great artist steal.”
“My life is dope, I do dope shit.”
Gaining Perspective Quote
“The early bird gets the worm… but what happens to the early worm?”
What’s Your Purpose, or Your “WHY”?
To give people guidance and support in achieving their dreams and goals in life.
Your “It” Factors
- Embracing change
- Being Aware of surroundings
- Being an authentic, good person
Career Challenge or Failure
- Not recognizing early in his adult life that he was an alcoholic.
- know, that it’s ok to be vulnerable.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
1. What advice do you have for funding a restaurant?
- Know that it’s ok to say no to investors. Not all investors are going to be right for you.
- Get clear on your core values and who you are. It will increase the yeses and help you find the right investors
2. Success is so dependent on your people. What’s your advice on hiring, managing and retaining people.
- Define your personal mission in life, then hire people who believe in the same thing.
- Ask people what they care about during the interview process.
- Make the interview process less daunting.
- Don’t just hire a warm body, you’re diluting your culture when you do.
3. What are some current challenges or industry challenges you see coming?
- The biggest challenge is in labor: hiring people who aren’t ready.
- There is a lack of compelling leadership.
- Take a stand by creating a culture and supporting the strong people you have. Don’t settle for “just ok” when it comes to your people
4. How do you balance work and life?
- Anthony doesn’t balance work and life.
- He suggests making work and life one of the same.
5. Recommended book?
CLICK HERE to get a FREE audio version of this Book
6. Recommended tool or technology?
- YourJournee.com– Anthony created an intranet platform to serve 3 purposes: Informational, Inspiration, and Conversational.
- You can create something similar by using tools like Google docs, and Whatsapp.
7. With all the knowledge you have now if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
- Quit Drinking
8. What is one question you think should be added to this interview?
Q: Whats the role of a restaurant in society?
A: To nurture and to nourish
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Anthony Rudolf for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!