The last table is served, the station is broken down, everything is put away, the inventory is complete, and now its time to meet Chef Adam Lamb on the back dock where the most important and interesting meetings are held.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Lead less & mentor more.”
Whats Your Purpose, or Your “WHY”?
Assisting culinary professionals in their life and careers. Paying back the love, trust, respect, and confidence that others have shown in him, by paying it forward .
Your “It” Factors
- Ability to create systems and processes in the kitchen.
- Losing able to lose himself in the moment.
- Master of building great teams and leveraging the talents and strengths of others.
- Manage by standards instead of personality.
Career Challenge or Failure
- Chef Lamb failed one of his pupils, by treating them as if they didn’t matter or as if their problems were not his.
1. What advice do you have for funding a restaurant?
- Find a solid purpose and mission.
- Take away the “no’s” with a business plan ready.
- Talk away the no’s.
- Do it for the right reasons.
2. Success is so dependent on your people. Whats your advice on hiring, managing and retaining people.
- Invest in your people and make it about them.
- Educate your people. Help them connect back to what food and hospitality use to be and should still be.
- Develop skills through role playing.
3. How do you balance work and life?
- Balance is bullshit, but self-nourishment is for real and totally necessary.
- You need to stay healthy. If you do it will be much easier to stay happy.
- Consume curcumin.
- Do pilates.
4. Recommended book?
CLICK HERE to get a FREE audio version of this Book
5. Recommended tool or technology?
- Table side credit card processing.
6. With all the knowledge you have now, if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
- Slow down and take a breath.
- Allow yourself to be mentored.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Chef Adam Lamb for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!