David Long is the Founder and CEO of MyEmployees; which is the top 1% in the industry for Employee Engagement and Recognition companies and author of Built to Lead: 7 Management R.E.W.A.R.D.S Principles for becoming a top 10% Manager. In this episode, we’re discussing his book and why it is a must read for anyone aspiring to lead others or is interested in becoming a top 10% Restaurant Manager. Folks, there are countless lessons to be taken away from this book and David share the majority of those lesson in this episode. Honestly, he really gave more away more than I thought he would during this interview. You want to listen to this one! It will for sure get you moving in the right direction to becoming UNSTOPPABLE!
Success quote or mantra
“To get what you want in life, you must first help others get what they want.”- Zig Ziglar
DAVID WANTS YOU TO KNOW:
If you buy the hardcover version of his book on Amazon, and then email him at email@example.com, he’ll send you a workbook that will help you maximize the lessons from his book.
In This Episode We Discuss
- The top 3 reasons why people fail to come a top 10% manager.
- They don’t lead. They just show up.
- They don’t show people they matter.
- They stop learning.
- How to read a book in a way that allows you to get the most out of it.
- The 7 R.E.W.A.R.D.S
- Reconnaissance– You have to pay attention to what’s going on around you.
- Join a mastermind
- Start a book club (Myemployees.com/resources to learn more about book club)
- Winners Emerge– Cream always rises, when given the chance.
- Attitude– Hire attitude;, not skill. Your attitude affects others and influences reality.
- Recognition– People hunger for appreciation. If you’re not recognizing your people, they will go where they are recognized.
- Duplicate– Your need to create duplicates of your best people, so when they leave there is someone to fill their space.
- Success– Define what success means to you. Money alone won’t cuts it.
Resources and Books Mentioned in This Episode
Still, think book clubs at work are silly? Watch this video.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to David Long for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!