It’s Talking Tuesday and today we’re talking to Jeff Benjamin, Chief Operations Offer for the Vetri Family of Restaurants and Author of Front of the House: Restaurant Manners, Misbehaviors, & Secrets. Our topic of the day is his aforementioned book. The words that come to mind when I think of this book are caring, soul, passion, partnership, authenticity, knowing who you are, and being genuine.
Benjamin really puts this industry under such beautiful light; this book will make you be proud of being in this industry… That, I can guarantee. If you want to discover why this is a must read for anyone in our industry, especially those front of house folks, you know what to do… SMASH! that play button!
“We May appear like a raft of ducks gliding across the surface while in fact, we’re paddling like hell.”
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Why Jeff wrote this book and who he wrote it for.
- A time Jeff failed to please an insatiable guest and how he handled it.
- The dynamics of Jeff and Mark Vetri’s (Jeff’s business partner) work relationship.
- Why it’s so important to treat everyone in your restaurant with respect; even the dishwasher.
- How his partnership with Mark has evolved,
- How never chasing the money has helped his career.
- Why its so important to stay fresh and what is meant by staying fresh.
- How staying fresh doesn’t mean chasing trends
- How we can use technology to heighten the guest experience
- Why you should never us technology to automate the guest experience.
- How the dignity of everything we do in the restaurant industry matters.
Get the book here:
Jeff Benjamin’s parting piece of advice:
Just have fun and be happy!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below or shoot me an email eric restaurantunstoppablecom
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Jeff Benjamin for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!