Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“You are the creator of your success.”
Whats Your Purpose, or Your “WHY”?
- The ability to control his own outcomes; not being beholden to anyone.
- A love for the journey.
- Developing an coaching teams.
Your “It” Factors
- Risk taker.
- Believer of his people.
- Ability to create transparent, brutally honest, and integrity based organizations.
- High energy.
Career Challenge or Failure
- When Goodwin was young and about to enter college, he suffered the loss of his sister. He let depression and sorrow get the best of him.
- The lesson to be taken: Life happens and terrible things will occur, what defines you is your resilience. Keep your eyes on the future and don’t get caught in the past.
1. What advice do you have for funding a restaurant?
- Look for a “turn-key” operations.
- Look for a partner that believes in you, will mentor you, and will front the cash.
2. Success is so dependent on your people. What’s your advice on hiring, managing and retaining people.
- Always have more people than you think you need.
- Realize that your restaurant is not as important to your staff as it is to you.
- Create an awesome culture and high standard of excellence.
3. What are some current challenges or challenges you see coming?
- Lack of management talent.
- Poor quality of life for restaurant professionals.
4. How do you balance work and life?
- Develop your leadership team. Duplicate yourself.
5. Recommended book?
CLICK HERE to get a FREE audio version of this Book
Bloomberg Businessweek– Get stories, photos, graphics and videos from Bloomberg Businessweek magazine. Subscribe to get the magazine in your mailbox or on your tablet or smartphone.
Forbes- a global media company, focusing on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.
6. Recommended tool or technology?
Pulse- Gain instant access to critical operational data. Experience the nirvana of knowing exactly what is going on in the business, regardless of where you are.
Goodwin Hospitality -The leading expert in the hospitality industry and offers executive & management recruiting, professional mystery shopping, innovative guest surveys and feedback programs, and personnel management services. Trust your business to the proven experts in the hospitality industry to deliver quality services and professional advice at reasonable prices. Whether you are a hospitality professional seeking a new position to advance your career or an operator that needs new talent or services to improve your business, we are here to help. When you choose Goodwin Hospitality, you are truly partnering with a peer in the industry
Nowait is a company of hospitality experts with restaurant technology solutions catered to serve both restaurants and guests.
7. With all the knowledge you have now, if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
Don’t wear too many hats. Extract yourself from the business as early as possible.
Website: Goodwin Hospitality
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Eric Goodwin for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!