Today we’re breaking from the standard mold. We’ll be sharing Jennifer Desrosiers resent journey of opening her very first restaurant and she’ll share her biggest challenges, victories and why she believes she has had such great success straight out of the gates.
As a holistic health and wellness coach, yoga instructor, and self-proclaimed real food junkie, Jennifer believes great health is a synergistic balance of a healthy diet, tons of self-love, passionate relationships, and powerful movement. When she’s not inspiring people to live their life to the fullest, you can find her whipping up treats at Laney & Lu Cafe, upside down on her yoga mat or adventuring in the mountains.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Everything you came for, you came with.”
Whats Your Purpose, or Your “WHY”?
The mission statement from her website:
At Laney & Lu, we celebrate community and the connection food has to creating a more healthy, joyful, vibrant life.
We use fresh, whole, delicious ingredients to create food and drink that nourishes your body and feeds your soul.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why its so important to just start
- How your restaurant should be an extension of who you are
- The significance a good website plays in opening a restaurant
- How to get inspiration to develop your brand
- Why you need to invest heavily in your brand
- The impact of taking the time to really discover yourself before opening a restaurant
- Why you should use social media early, well before you open to generate buzz
- Leveraging free resources like Small Business Development Centers
- The power of volunteering or staging at other restaurants before opening your own
- How it takes time to find the right location
- Get your life as liability free as possible
- How being active in your community will pay off when you need to lean on your community for early support
- Surrounding yourself with the right people
- open personal growth pathways to your employees
- Jennifers largest struggle when starting
- Jennifer’s largest struggle now
CLICK HERE to get a FREE audio version of this Book
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Jennifer Desrosiers for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!