Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Success can be defined by going from failure to failure without a loss of optimism.”
Career Challenge or Failure
- In this industry, it is our jobs to say yes and to exceed our guest expectations. While the “yes” mentality is a good mentality to have, we have to be careful not to overestimate our capabilities and over promise.
- Sometimes you have to say no, so you don’t risk disappointing your guest in the long run.
Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
What is your biggest weakness?
- The desire to please everyone.
What is one piece of advice you have for leading others?
- You need a team of people to execute service. Utilize the strengths of the people on your team and in your network.
Whats one question you ask or thing you look for during an interview?
- When hiring, Molly suggests we, “Look for the ability in not taking yourself too seriously.”
What’s a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- How to be a compelling employer.
- Molly suggests you figure out a way to tell the world who your is and what it does and to provide the reason for people to want to start their careers with your restaurant.
What’s one thing (besides food) your restaurant does well and separates you from other restaurants?
- Developing a sense of neighborliness.
What’s one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
What’s one piece of technology you’ve adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations?
- Explore technologies that make the guest experience better, but don’t cloud the environment.
- Reserve.com– Make restaurant reservations and pay the bill effortlessly at the end of the meal, without having to take out your wallet or phone.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Molly Hopper for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!