In this episode with Troy Allen, we discuss:
- Putting yourself in uncomfortable positions.
- How marketing and branding starts with your audience.
- How to deliver your personal brand to an audience.
- Getting clear about what your brand attributes are.
- Why Troy Allen developed the 16 Bit brand.
- Finding concepts that exist in the world and doing them better.
- What makes for a successful bar-cade.
- How Educating your employees on how the business works has a huge impact on the business.
- Building concepts that also do well with corporate events.
- The importance of getting your employees to buy into brand culture.
- Growing talent from the inside.
- Great people helping other great people.
- Letting your team members individual brand flourish.
- The value of being first to market.
- The impact connecting influencers can have on your community.
After leaving Kent State, Troy Allen started his career in marketing, specifically with design and branding. In 2013 Troy decided it was time to apply what he learned with a few of his own assets, and Rise Brands was formed. Today, Rise Brands currently has 3 concept in the market consisting of 6 location.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“We’re going to kick 2017 dick in.”
“We’re going to make 2018 our bitch.”
Gusto– “The best payroll, benefits, and HR for the small business owner.” It is time to let Gusto do the heavy lifting. Sign up today, and once you run your first payroll you’ll get 3 months FREE on Gusto. Click Here to get started
Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- Honest to a fault.
What is your biggest weakness?
- Too loyal.
What’s one question you ask or thing you look for during an interview?
- Ask, “What did your parents do for a living?”
What’s a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- Too much opportunity.
Share one code of conduct or behavior you teach your team.
- Always speak your mind.
What is one uncommon standard of service you teach your staff?
What’s one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
Share an online resource or tool.
What’s one piece of technology you’ve adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations?
If you got the news that you’d be leaving this world tomorrow and all memories of you, your work, and your restaurants would be lost with your departure with the exception of 3 pieces of wisdom you could leave behind for the good of humanity, what would they be?
- If everyone else is doing it dont do it.
- It is better to fail than to not try.
- Genuinely car about what you do and the people around you.
- Help people get to where they’re going.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Troy Allen for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!