In this episode with David Scott Peters we discuss:
- How your menu is like the heart of your business.
- How menu engineering all starts with menu costing cards.
- What a yield test is.
- Factoring in spice/consumable.
- Using batch recipes.
- Using software in place of continuing updating recipe cards.
- What is meant by a weight average.
- Why being great at a few things is more impactful and profitable than trying to be all things to all people.
- Making small incremental changes to your menu when raising prices.
- Where your guests eyes go when they look at a menu.
- The fonts you should be using on your menu.
- Where to list the prices on your menu.
- How to sell the largest margin items on your menu consistently.
Aside from being the founder of TheRestaurantExpert.com and serving as a Member coach, David Scott Peters is also a dynamic and engaging speaker. His specialized knowledge targets the independent restaurant owners, whether they own one location or a multi-unit chain.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Ideas are cheap. It is the people that put them into action that are priceless.”
Gregg Sourbeck: Gregg@TheRestaurantExpert.com
Phone: 877 457 6278
Gregg- ext: 106
“The best payroll, benefits, and HR for the small business owner.” It is time to let Gusto do the heavy lifting. Sign up today, and once you run your first payroll you’ll get 3 months FREE on Gusto. Click Here to get started
Bring your restaurant’s hospitality online with BentoBox. Get in touch to learn more and save up to $1500 on initial setup when you mention Restaurant Unstoppable. Click Here to get started
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to David Scott Peters for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!
Restaurant Unstoppable is a free podcast. One of the ways I’m able to make it free is by earning a commission when sharing certain products with you. I’ve made it a core value to only share tools, resources, and services my guest mentors have recommend, first. If you’re finding value in my podcast, please use my links!