A Training & Development veteran for 30+ years, Jim Knight grew as a professional under The Hard Rock Cafe brand, where he took lead on all things learning and development. Today, he facilitates on a variety of interactive topics, including sessions around organizational culture, world-class service, building rock star teams, employee branding, performance management, philanthropy, and facilitation training. Jim authored, “Culture that Rocks: How to Revolutionize Your Company’s Culture“, which in 2015, was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine as a “top 5 books to help you transform your business”. If you want continued influence from Jim and his thoughts, check out his site Rock-n-Grow.com.
Success or Leadership Quote/Mantra
“A single person with a great idea can start a revolution.”
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- Knowing your strengths and finding your lane and staying in it
- Focusing on your people and creating emotional experiences for them
- Amping up culture by focusing on service, leadership, today’s workforce
- Being extraordinary VS ordinary
- Why being extraordinary starts with you
- The impact of developing your team
- If you want great people, you need to make them great
- How being great evolves over time
- Taking time to put thought into your business before you ever open. Get it right from the beginning
- How to maintain the presence of your culture
- How authenticity in you vision, mission and core values impacts your culture
- Using technology to communicate your culture to your millennial workforce
poleeverywhere.com– Audience response system that uses mobile phones, twitter, and the web. Responses are displayed in real-time on gorgeous charts in PowerPoint and Keynote.
Rock-n-Grow.com– an innovative monthly Report that rocks your company so that you can grow! In today’s competitive, time-crunched environment why search all over looking for business solutions when you can get the Rock-N-Grow Report and gain an all-access pass to monthly: INNOVATIVE THOUGHT LEADERSHIP PROVEN BEST PRACTICES TIPS, TOOLS & RESOURCES and so much more!
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Jim Knight for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!