Kathleen is the founder of Kathleen Wood Partners, LLC, an innovative growth strategy firm specializing in shifting leaders and businesses to new levels of success. Kathleen Wood Partners consults with clients to identify and clarify their purpose and competitive differentials to accelerate their growth and profitability.
Kathleen Wood Partners collaborate with managers, leaders, and companies ranging from startups to large multinationals on how to optimize company and employee performance to build sales and increase profitability in any economy! Kathleen doesn’t only talk the talk she is practicing what she preaches at Suzy’s Swirl, where she is co-owner of two locations.
Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
“Fail forward magnificently.”
- How she fell in love with the restaurant industry for the energy and excitement. It allows her to live her mission to positively impact a person, a business, or a community, daily.
- How opportunities will appear for you if you work hard enough.
- How to be a BOLD Leader.
- Why restaurant greatness starts with inner greatness.
Other Resources Mentioned
Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- Being Direct
What is one piece of advice you have for leading others?
- Be empathetic.
- Be very intentional on what you’re focused on; where the leader focuses the team focus.
What’s one question you ask or thing you look for during an interview?
- Find out what is important to who you’re interviewing
What’s a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- The regulatory environment.
- Get involved with your community and what happening in our industry.
What’s one thing (besides food) your restaurant does well and separates you from other restaurants?
- They take care of their people. Employees, customers, and communities.
- Make the most of the millennial workforce.
What’s one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
What’s one piece of technology you’ve adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations?
- WhenIWork– Employee Scheduling software. The easiest way to schedule and communicate with your hourly employees.Save tons of time and reduce absenteeism. It’s free for 30 days.
- The Restaurant Expert– Inventory management and much more.
- UberEats-Delivers the best food right when you want it. Their curated menu features dishes from the local spots you love, and the one’s you’ve always wanted to try!
- Stealz- Improve customer loyalty by turning customers into brand ambassadors using the world’s best and most affordable customer loyalty program.
With all the knowledge you have now if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
- Ask for help more frequently. No one can do it on their own.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Kathleen Wood for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!