Favorite Success Quote or Mantra.
Set backs are the set ups to our come backs.
Career Challenge or Failure
Shore waited too long to fire someone who wasn’t a right fit for their restaurant. This person ended up eroding the culture at his restaurant.
Which “it factor” habit, trait, or characteristic you believe most contributes to your success?
- Figure out how to organize work flow.
- Shore uses Wanderlist
What is your biggest weakness?
- Too quick to jump in.
What is one piece of advice you have for leading others?
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Admit your mistakes.
What’s one question or thing that you look for doing an interview?
- Ask about moments in the interviewee’s life, where things didn’t go according to plan or about a time they failed.
What’s a current challenge? How are you dealing with it?
- Gearing up for growth.
- Preparing by continuing to build infrastructure.
What’s one thing (besides food) your restaurant does well and separates you from other restaurants.
- Attracting the right people to your team.
What’s one book we must read to become a better person or restaurant owner?
What’s one piece of technology you’ve adopted in your restaurant and how has it influence operations?
- Reserve.com- Run a More Efficient Operation: Seat walk-ins immediately with two taps; Text waitlist guests when tables are ready; Take reservations when and how you want to; Manage all of your restaurants from any computer or iPad.
With all the knowledge you have now if you could go back in time and give your past self one piece of business advice, What would it be and why?
- Business is not a straight line; enjoy the curves
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Shore Gregory for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!