In this episode, we tackle an issue that every restaurant owner seems to be up against. Turnover.
I ask all of my guest mentors: Currently, what is your biggest challenge and how are you overcoming it?
By far, the most common answer: finding and keeping quality employees. In other words, preventing turnover.
So… What did I do? I brought in the big guns; Tom Henschel.
Tom expertise as a communications coach has taken him into executive offices at companies such as Amgen, BP Indonesia, CitiGroup, Ernst & Young, Lockheed Martin, Symantec, and Toyota.
Success or Leadership Quote/Mantra
“Be good at tasks. Be good at relationships.
Hospitality courses from the world’s best. Find short courses. Skill up. Become an expert.
Over 45,000 independent operators since 1998 have joined RestaurantOwner.com to improve their business skills, leadership capabilities and implement effective systems in their restaurant.
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- The 3 questions you want to make sure your people to answer yes to
- do you have a best friend at work?
- do you love your work?
- does the boss have your back
- Building in time to get to know your team.
- Once you learn your people, putting them in the right role to excel.
- Why you need to live the culture and the mission before you can expect your people.
- Creating a culture where people know their work matters.
- Creating reasons, aside from a paycheck, that will cause people to want to work for your restaurant.
- Why you should be pushing people out of your restaurant to the next stage of their life, and how they serve your restaurant in the long run.
- Why feedback goes both ways. You need to give feedback and take feedback to improve turnover.
- Why the best feedback comes when you catch somebody doing something right.
GET THIS BOOK FOR FREE AT AUDIBLE.COM
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining today! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Restaurant Unstoppable Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Huge thanks to Tom Henschel for joining me for another awesome episode. Until next time!